Thursday, May 13, 2010

Strange goings-on

I’ve had lows this week like you wouldn’t believe.

Yesterday I couldn’t get up above an average of 3.8 mmol/L. For the whole day.

I would eat a huge amount of food and juice, and get up a bit for an hour, then it would fall back down and I’d be low again. And that is with a whole unit less insulin at each injection!

I put a pink highlighter mark on each test under 5.0 mmol/L in my logbook, and yesterday was just a stripe of pink. Surprisingly though, I slept through the night (after eating like a horse at bedtime) and woke at 4.8 mmol/L …. this morning I’ve cut my insulin dose by nearly half… see if that does the trick.

Weird thing is I’ve been averaging about 10 mmol/L for all this year, and suddenly to have a couple of days of constant lows makes me nervous…

No comments:

Post a Comment