Thursday, May 13, 2010

A week of tragedy

It's been a sad week this week.

A good friend of mine had a very close family member pass away due to cancer. You just feel so helpless in that situation. There is nothing you can do except be there when they need you.

I found out today that JJ and Dom (local radio personalities) have had another failed IVF cycle. You can read their story here: http://jjdom.wordpress.com/2010/05/12/and-so-it-ends/

I've been following their progress, as they started roughly the same time I started this blog. To hear about their loss is heart breaking. 

And as if that wasn't enough bad news, a woman was killed in a fatal road accident very close to our house. The road has been blocked off for a while now as the crash experts examine the scene.

:(

2 comments:

  1. I found you via Saffy at "Motherhood with a side of sugar". I am also type 1 and have recently (6 months ago) had a baby - conceived through IVF. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. It is a difficult process, but very worth it in the end. Pop me a line if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweets, thanks for that, I sure will take you up on your offer, I have heaps of questions regarding IVF and diabetes, so many I don't know where to start most days! :)

    ReplyDelete