Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Big bad news

I got a complete shock this morning when the CEO of the company called me into his office and told me I was now redundant. What? I think I am still in shock. It's not been a happy day so far, but I think I will pull through. Feels like the recession is just hitting the regions later than the big cities.

I had a massive low during the "meeting" and had to stop and ask for sugar. Of course, Mr Big Banana didn't understand when I said, "I'm going low", and "I need some sugar" but he started to get the message when I said "I'm going to pass out". At first he got me a single mint. When that obviously wasn't enough, he found a chocolate bar. Half eaten, stolen from his personal assistant.

So from now on I have four months of paid leave. I won't know what to do with myself. I worked for that company for 5 years, and have been in school or university all my life. I've never not had anything to do. I will sit down and write myself a plan, and start the job hunt.

7 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry...that's awful Sounds like Mr. Big Banana is a big jerk! Best of luck on the job hunt- hang in there- everything works out for the best.

    I know what you mean with the lows....my entire day today...and it sucked. What do you use to correct most of the time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear. Hope you are able to use the time to reflect, and perhaps even end up doing something you love even more! Thinking of you.

    Mmmmm. one mint?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, I'm sorry, Hon. Those meetings are never easy - especially not when Diabetes comes to the meeting too. :( I'm sure you'll find something to do. I hate not doing things either - it's not part of me, I must always be doing. Good luck on the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your support :) I'm doing much better this evening. Really feeling "free" now! My next challenge will be keeping busy.

    Yeah, one mint :P I know ?!

    @Brigdon, I normally use either fruit bars (15g), juice boxes (12g), or soft muesli bars (22g), depending on the severity. It was surreal being stuck in an office in another building with no idea how I was going to get any sugar, and no true way to make Boss understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so sorry. That is sad news indeed. Sounds like you've bounced back a bit - great for you. I hope a new opportunity presents itself just as abruptly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Of all the things to happen, and of all the times to get low.

    Sleep in tomorrow, try to relax and enjoy a little bit of your leave, and keep looking forward to your next adventure.

    ReplyDelete