Monday, June 28, 2010

Cross your fingers and toes!

I went for a job interview today! Everything seemed to go well and I am quietly confident. :) We shall see, I hope to hear back about it soon.

It's raining raining raining here, nearly to the point of flooding, but not quite. Hair which I had so carefully straightened turned to a frizz-monster-nightmare in 30 seconds. Sigh. Ah well. :P

Technically, today is my first day of actual unemployment. I got some paid leave from the date they made me "redundant" at my last job. So it's quite fitting I think that I spent the day finding a new job! *hopefully*

My mates at my old job put on Friday drinkies at a local pub to sort of have a farewell for me. It was really sweet, wonderful to see everyone again. They had all pitched in and got me a couple of pressies which I hadn't expected, and a couple of people gave impromptu speeches which were really heartfelt. Made me realise I have more friends in this world that I had reckoned with. :D

OK, short post today cos I have to go and pick the rug rats up from school. Ten cents says they will be absolutely soaked! :P

(and send me a photo if you successfully crossed your toes. That's just freaky!)

1 comment: