Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Om nom nom nom (photos)

I made cake! Yummy cranberry, buttermilk, hazelnut and banana cake. The recipe came from the Dole Banana Book.
Ingredients:
170g cranberries
100g butter
225g caster sugar
2 eggs
285g flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 Dole bananas, mashed
80mls buttermilk
I added hazelnuts on top too :)

Method:
1. Cover cranberries with boiling water and leave to soak for 15 mins. Strain and discard liquid.

2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a cake tin well with butter (I used a cooking spray).

3. Cream the butter and sugar until pale. Add eggs one at a time beating continuously.

4. Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt. Add mashed banana, cranberries and buttermilk then stir to combine.

5. Transfer to baking tin. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.

6. Om nom nom nom! :D


In other news:

There are a bunch of toadstools in our back garden.
It snowed. It's cold. But it's great to be able to take this photo...
...and this photo on the same afternoon :) Oh, and that's BIKING from one place to the other.
My new camellia hedge is brightening up winter, it makes me smile:
Oh, and I got some red in my hair :D Just the underneath bits, so you can't really tell unless you walk behind me in the wind :P And then it's a little surprise!
Hope you've all had a great Wednesday :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos, would love the cake :) Pretty pic of you, too ;) I heart camellias. I planted some pink ones at our place - hope they show their goods soon :)Yay for you biking - see, LOTS to do eh?? :)

    ReplyDelete