Monday, June 21, 2010

My Darling Sister

My sweet little sister is having a hard time at the moment. We went shopping on the weekend and she confided in me that she's not happy in her relationship with her boyfriend. They've been together for 7 years, and he recently moved away to another city to study. Sis has discovered that she quite likes being single again, and this long distance relationship thing isn't working out. The boyfriend is sweet, but a bit dumb and emotionally immature. I can't say I'm surprised. I think lil sis has just outgrown him. She wants grown up things like a house, an engagement ring, and a family. He thinks it's ok to take off to another city for 9 months without a proper discussion. Just "Hey, I've paid for this course in [name of city] so I will moving away shortly". Needless to say that was just the icing on the cake. I think she is finally being honest with herself now, and just needs to work up the gumption to tell him. I feel so sorry for her. She's feeling guilty as hell that she's gonna ruin his life, but it's just one of those things. Neither of them did anything wrong, it's just how life rolls. :(   So, I'm worried for her. And boyfriend comes back up to our city in roughly 2 weeks, so she's on a countdown.

In other news, I've officially started my job-hunt and sent in a couple of applications. Will keep you posted should anything exciting happen (like getting a cool job such as kitten-petter, chocolate-taster, or tropical-island-holiday-reviewer). But it feels good to be doing something positive :D

6 comments:

  1. Poor Sis!! Ugh. I hope she can smooth things out. Life is like that, though. Sometimes it's just time to move on.

    Good luck on the job hunt!! My hubby has been on one for a year. :P
    Thanks for popping in on my blog.
    ~Bethanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you given photography any more thought? Your recent pics that you posted are fantastic. Seriously look at doing family shots in the parks and engagement pics for couples and even weddings. It's great money. You have the talent, for sure!

    Good luck! I love to read how things are moving along for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bethanne, sure no worries, I've actually been reading your blog for a couple of weeks now :D And thanks for the luck! I'm gonna need it! :P

    @Rebecca, thanks! That's a real boost to my confidence :) I am thinking of creating a new website for myself promoting all my creative activities. And I will definitely include photography now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer. From the limited info above, it sounds as though he is in a different space to your sis, doesn't it? Ouch though. How old's your sis? 7 years is a long time - but you're right that is how life rolls. Better to know now than 3 kids later huh?

    All the best for the job hunt. In the meantime, I say enjoy your paid vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really worried about her, our whole family is. And I don't think boyfriend has ANY idea judging from his facebook comments. :( Oh well, I can only wait and see what happens, and be there when she needs me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope things work out well for you sis. And remember that breaking up with him may be "ruining his life", but staying is ruining hers!

    HOpe the job hunt is a short one. And that you get that dream job!

    ReplyDelete